Friday, March 12, 2010

Our adventure to Florida

So we made it to Florida. We pulled the kids out of there beds at 3am for the hour long ride to the moline airport, everyone fell back asleep EXCEPT for miss kinzie!! We go through security and greg is doing pretty good putting our million things up on the conveyor belt to go through UNTIL they tell us to take out our sleeping child to put the carseat through. Oh and they also confiscated our 3 brand new chocolate milks, greg thinks they thought they just wanted them to go with there morning donut. We then board the airplane along with our million things, I am in charge of the animal(aka kinner) and greg lucks out with hudson. After changing two poopie diapers in a closet and spilling the generous beverage we got, we gladly got of the plane and did some stretching out. We they unload our million things and run down to board the next plane. While standing in line to board greg realizes that we are missing on of our suitcases!! Oh my word, I can't believe he left it while he was trying to coral all the million things again. We find the suitcase, quickly get on the plane and then sit on the it for 2 hours before we can take off!! Kinzie has still not fallen back asleep and every time I try and lay her back she screams, to which the guy behind us asks if we have a plug for that child. Greg almost loses it on him, but stays strong and bit his tongue. They start in the back of the plane passing out drinks and then the pilot tells them to stop b/c we are going to run into some bad turbulence ahead. Great, we don't need a drink to spill anyways. The pilot then says to prepare for landing and comes around to get our trash. Isaac has to go potty she says he cannot while I am throwing the trash away, so I being the mom I am stick my hand back in the trash to retrieve the empty bottle I just threw away. Isaac stands in front of me and holds it into the bottle while I hold the bottle praying he does not miss!! The lady did come back to retrieve the now full bottle, wasn't that sweet of her. Kinzie still has not fallen back asleep, so we stop for some food and she finally fell asleep on the hour drive to the house. Needless to say it has been so relaxing and fun since we got here, but we are not looking forward to flying home, maybe we will just stay forever!!!

4 comments:

saras said...

Oh my word!!!! Needless to say our flight adventure was not that exciting (thankfully). I'm glad you all made it safe and now have a great story to share, haha. Hope it is sunny and hot and that the kids get to swim lots!!!!!!!

The Isbells said...

Dude, you can't make that stuff up!! They did that same thing to us when we went to Monterey when Forest was four months old. Being that new anxious mom I felt like I was going to rip their head off for waking up my sleeping child!!Glad you arrived safe and are having a wonderful time!

Kathy A. said...

I think your experience is one reason Julie and Zach are flying non-stop out of DesMoines this Friday. Of course they have to fly into Tampa and then drive to Naples. We'll see how they do!
But hey, welcome to paradies, its worth it.

Kathy

Jill Pennington said...

I am laughing out loud right about now. That and shaking in fear over our upcoming flight to LA this summer. Airport security was not made for families with little ones! I barely made it last week and I only had Naomi and my parents were both there to help!