Thursday, August 21, 2008

Like a blow to the gut????

so i have decided to try some new discipline with my children. i get to the point where i feel like i am disciplining for the same thing over and over, and i think we better try something new or some kids are going to have some sore bottoms. So that is why I have decided to hit them with the goods. Tonight it was Isaacs blankie. For those of you that dont know isaac this is very tramatic for a kid who carries it so much you would think that it is a growth coming off his body. So Isaac has serious issues with wanting to dump everything and have his hands on everyone else's stuff. It is driving me crazy, like when he dumps all of your brand new detergent, softner, and stain stuff down the drain. Or dumping all the shampoo and bubble bath down the drain(oh yes those were new too). The other problem he is having is hitting, and I have gotten to the point where I think I might be leaving marks and maybe spanking him is not going to teach him to stop hitting other kids. So after two very frustrating days he has officially gone to bed without his blankie. There were many tears, but I think fell a sleep from no nap and to much crying over his blankie. He is allowed to have it back after a full day of not doing any of these(does anyone think this is to much for a three year old to wrap his brain around????) For chloe it can either be not listening or to bossy. So we really hit her a hard one and took away desert!!!! Oh the poor child will live, in fact she could probably live a couple days without eating(I sure hope dhs doesnt read blogs, oh wait I may already be marked by to many trips to the emergency room c/o Isaac) So I will let you know how it goes, nothing ventured nothing gained!!! oh and I am still having troubles with downloading pictures, what does it mean when it says try reconnecting the device or replace the device(you have got to be kidding I just paid $200 for the camera and for the first time in my life i am actually taking pics) WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!!

4 comments:

saras said...

I like the new tactic. I knew as I began to read what you would deprive from Isaac, but Chloe's punishment is hilarious. I bet she was very upset!!! Let me know how it goes.

Andrea G. said...

Keep us updated! You could always change the dessert thing around tp so that she gets dessert when she has followed the rules instead of taking it away when she doesn't... just a suggestion... spanking is working for David, but Elizabeth seems pretty strong willed and I think I will have to get more creative! :)

Keri Speidel said...

You're doing a great job! Baylor is giving us a run for our money too, it must be a boy thing. It looks like we'll be holding Thomas the train captive for a while. Keep up the good work!!!

Jen said...

Hey- Let me know if u want to get Ella and Chloe together and I can play around with your camera to see if I can help with tech issues. Marlisa thought you needed help! Don't we all...